Wednesday 21 September 2011

Possible Script Ideas

Boy:

"My name is ____. I enjoy reading, writing and photography. Oh, and I'm in love. I'm in love with the most wonderful person. She's not the prettiest, or the smartest, but she's mine. She just doesn't know it yet."

This would be the opening 'diary entry' and opening to the film. Unlike most obsessions portrayed through film, the boy doesn't claim she is the best at everything i.e. in attractiveness. This avoids the cliché often associated with love.

"She forgot her scarf today. I'll keep it safe for her. I'll return it eventually but not just yet. It smells of her. One day soon, I'll have that smell in my arms."

(After buying perfume which the girl uses)
"The lady at the beauty shop asked me if the perfume was for my girlfriend. It was. I plan on sending it to her as a gift. Not just yet though. I want to spend time with it first."

"I followed her home today. It was quite difficult keeping up with her: she's a fast walker. I stood outside her house and watched her through her bedroom window. Everything about her called out to me. Her hair, her smile, her cheeks, everything."

Girl:

"My name is _____. I like to read and write and walk. I'm in love. I'm in love with a boy who is invisible to the rest of the world but to me, he is the only one in the world. He's special and he's all mine."

"Today I left my scarf for him. I hope he picked it up. I wouldn't mind if he held onto it for a little while."

"He said 'hello' to me today. I could've screamed with excitement."


Each spoken thought may start with "Dear diary".

No comments:

Post a Comment