Tuesday 31 January 2012

Research into film posters






All of these movie posters have certain editing techniques in them that could be used in my own film poster idea to ensure my poster is to the correct theme and in context of our film. The first thing I would consider using is the long shot featured in the film 'Cloverfield', this instantly lets the person that sees this know this is an iconic location of the film and in fact the only location, I would emulate this onto my poster taking a long shot of the park which is where the iconic twist in our film will be based so the audience will have their attention based on this part when it arrives in the film because they would recognise the location from the poster. Much like 'Cloverfield' had all the audience interested because it had a shot of Manhattan in flames and the statue of liberty decapitated.

A technique I am definitely going to use in my poster is the close up of the main characters face featured in the poster of 'the social network'. This shows a great emotional link and highlights the importance of this character, I may use both of the characters eyes for close ups but I prefer to do one half of the poster with the close up of the male character because he is featured in the whole film and the other half is the long shot of the park.

The tearing apart effect in the poster for 'fatal attraction' could be used on my poster to show the seperation between the two characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment